These versatile surfaces encounter daily spills, splatters, and the occasional stubborn stain. A meticulous approach to countertop cleaning is essential for hygiene and preserving the aesthetic appeal and longevity of these functional spaces. From promptly removing spills to addressing deep-seated stains with specialized cleaners, a well-informed cleaning routine can ensure that your countertops remain pristine and durable.
Daily Cleaning Routine for Countertops
Daily cleaning: Wipe down the surface with a soft, damp cloth or sponge with mild dish soap.
Avoid acidic cleaners (like vinegar) as they can make your countertop longevity decrease.
Immediate Cleaning: Clean any spills on the countertop immediately to prevent potential damage.
Caution with Oily and Acidic Foods: Be mindful of substances like wine, coffee, fruit juice, tomato sauce, and soda, as they can be potentially harmful to quartz or any surfaces. Promptly wipe them away.
Timely Stain Removal: Avoid delaying the removal of stains, especially during cooking. Neglecting spills can lead to damage to the countertop surface.
Degreasing Products: For stubborn stains, use degreasing products labeled as safe for whichever countertop you have. This can help in effectively removing tough stains.
Granite and Other Natural Stone
- Granite should be sealed regularly to protect against stains. The frequency depends on the type of granite and sealant used.
- Perform a water droplet test: if water doesn’t bead up, it’s time to reseal.
- Choose a cleaner that is made for granite or use a mild dish soap.
Here’s more information on How to Clean Granite Countertops.
- Opt for dedicated quartz cleaners or a gentle dish soap for your routine cleaning. If specific cleaners are unavailable, mild dish soap serves as a suitable alternative. However, exercise caution, as the soap may leave behind a residue that could dull the countertop’s sheen.
- When using dish soap, choose a soft cloth or sponge paired with warm water to prevent any potential scratching. Avoid abrasive sponges altogether.
- To ensure a consistently clean surface, wipe down your quartz kitchen countertops as needed, ideally on a daily or every few days basis. Swiftly address spills from food and beverages, and steer clear of harsh chemicals such as bleach sprays or disinfecting wipes, as these substances have the potential to harm your quartz surfaces.
For the ultimate guide on cleaning quartz counters, read How To Clean Quartz Countertops.
- Some porcelain countertops may require sealing to enhance resistance against stains.
- Heat Protection: Use trivets or hot pads under hot cookware to prevent thermal shock, which can lead to cracks in some types of porcelain.
- Avoiding Impact: Be cautious with heavy or sharp objects to prevent chipping or cracking as porcelain countertops are susceptible to this.
Granite Gold stands as a reliable ally in the meticulous care of granite surfaces. Crafted with precision and a deep understanding of granite’s unique composition, Granite Gold is more than just a cleaner—it’s a protective elixir for your countertops. This specialized solution ensures that your granite and quartz surfaces receive the attention they deserve. With a formulation designed to gently cleanse, preserve, and enhance the natural beauty of granite. Whether it’s daily maintenance, stain removal, or the crucial task of resealing.
To help you avoid costly repairs and replacement, visit GraniteGold.com to receive a discount on any stone care product (with code: BCST01).
Here at BC Stone, we will ensure that you are prepared for the care of your countertops before your purchase. We will guide you from the beginning of your journey and after the installation. We are the leading countertop fabricator with over 30 years in the stone industry and service all areas through the states of PA, OH, WV, VA, MD, NY, TN, NC, KY (across the I-81 corridor).
We offer special countertop financing to help you get the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Whether you’re embarking on a complete kitchen remodel or a bathroom remodel Pittsburgh let us help you get a material that won’t disappoint. Contact us or visit one of our locations in Everett, Pennsylvania, Salem, Virginia, or Fisherville, Virginia.