Eager to make a fresh start, but not sure how to get your kitchen in shape? It’s easy to overlook your kitchen countertops when it comes to cleaning, but these spaces can be a breeding ground for germs. Make sure you are making the most of your cleaning efforts by following these simple tips for getting your cleaning done quickly and efficiently. Once you’re finished, you’ll enjoy a sparkling kitchen and have more time to relax in front of an open window with a refreshing beverage.
How To Clean Quartz Countertops
Quartz is a man-made, durable material for kitchen countertops. Strong, stain resistant and heat resistant, your kitchen countertop will last you for years. However, quartz does still require some care to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips on how to keep your countertop clean:
- Use only cleaning products that are designed specifically for quartz surfaces
- For daily cleaning, use an ammonia-free glass cleaner or any non-abrasive household cleaner that does not contain lemon, ammonia or bleach as they can damage the surface of the quartz
- Use mild liquid soap, warm water and a soft cloth to remove most residues from your quartz countertop
- Wipe up spills immediately from your quartz surface
Does Quartz Stain?
Quartz countertops are unlikely to stain because it is a hard material and is non-porous, meaning liquids won’t be absorbed into the surface of your countertop the way they might if you spilled on unsealed natural stone countertops such as marble. Although quartz countertops have a high stain resistance, they are not completely stained proof as some food substances can leave a moderate to very faint stain behind. To prevent staining, any spills, dirt, grease or oils should be wiped up quickly to reduce the chance of a stain forming.
Countertop Protection Tips
- Do not place hot items out of the oven or stove directly on the stone surface. Additionally, heat-generating appliances, such as slow cookers, can cause some stones to become discolored or crack. Always protect your top by placing a trivet or hot pad to allow for airflow under the hot item.
- Avoid chopping or slicing directly on the stone countertop to prevent scratches and dulling your knives. Always use a cutting board.
- Use placemats and coasters to protect your surface from discoloration and staining.
- Do not stand or sit on stone countertops. Some stones may crack when excessive weight is applied.
Can I use bleach on my countertop?
We don’t recommend using bleach or any other chemical cleaners to clean your countertops. Bleach and other harsh chemicals can damage the surface of your countertop, breaking down the resin and causing discoloration. They can also wear down your countertop’s surface, leaving it vulnerable to spills.
Are there specific cleaning products I should use?
Most residue can be removed using a simple routine of wiping down your countertops with a soft cloth and warm water. If your countertops are particularly grimy, you may add mild liquid dish soap to the water; however, soap is not always necessary.3
Shop BCStone today for an extensive material and color selection for your upcoming project – and, work with the premier countertop fabricator in Pennsylvania.
In conclusion, quartz countertops have a long list of benefits that make them an outstanding choice for any home. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing and low maintenance, but they are also incredibly durable and can last a lifetime. If you’re looking for the best quartz countertop fabricators for your next kitchen remodel, look no further than BCStone. Our experienced team of professionals will provide you with quality craftsmanship and personalized service to make sure your expectations are met every step of the way. With competitive pricing and unbeatable customer care, it’s easy to see why BCStone is one of the top quartz countertop fabricators in the business. So don’t wait another day – contact us today to get started on creating the kitchen of your dreams!